PROMOTION OF ACCESS TO INFORMATION COMPLIANCE
MANUAL PREPARED IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 51 OF THE PROMOTION OF ACCESS TO INFORMATION ACT NO.2 OF 2000
1. CONTACT PARTICULARS
Head of Body
Mr Brandon Abdinor
P O Box 582
40 Essex Terrace
2. GUIDE IN TERMS OF SECTION 10 OF THE ACT
Any person who wishes to exercise any right contemplated in the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2000, may obtain a copy of the information guide issued by the Human Rights Commission in all official languages, from the Human Rights Commission, Tel (011) 484 8300, fax (011) 484 7149
The Guide will be printed in each official language in the Government Gazette and will be available for inspection by the public at the offices of the Human Rights Commission by no later than August 2003.
3. FACILITATION OF A REQUEST FOR ACCESS TO INFORMATION
Facilitation of a request for access to information, subjects on which the Association holds records and the categories of records held.
Information which is not readily available as indicated in this manual, may be requested in accordance with the procedure prescribed in terms of the Act.
Copies of the prescribed forms to be completed for submitting a request, are available from the KwaZulu Natal Master Builders & Allied Industries Association.
4. INFORMATION HELD
The following records are available in accordance with the following legislation:
- Basic Conditions of Employment Act, 75 of 1997
- Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act, 130 of 1993
- Employment Equity Act, 55 of 1998
- Income Tax Act, 58 of 1962
- Labour Relations Act, 66 of 1995
- Skills Development Levies Act, 9 of 1999
- Unemployment Insurance Act, 63 of 2001
- Value-Added Tax Act, 89 of 1991
- Constitutional Documentation
- Constitution, registration certificate as an Employers' Organisation and related documents
- Documentation sent to members of the Association containing notices of meetings and other information that might affect members
- Correspondence sent and received by the Association
- Operation Information
- Various documents generated in the course of daily running and management of the Association, such as membership information, staff information, contract, financial statements, documentation regarding the activities of the Association and general information.
- Particulars in terms of Section 51(1)(f)
No other information is prescribed
5. REQUESTING PROCEDURES
A person who wants access to the records must complete the necessary request form, that is available at the offices of the Association.
The completed request form must be sent to the address or fax number provided in this manual, and marked for the attention of the Executive Director.
The Association will process the request and inform the requestor of the fees (if any) that are payable and of the different procedures that must be followed until the request is finalised. A copy of the fee structure applicable to private bodies is available on request.
NOTE: Access to certain records may be or must be denied on the grounds set out in the Act.
Mandatory grounds for refusal include but are not limited to:
- Information for the protection of the privacy of individuals
- Information for the protection of commercial information and confidential information of third parties
- Information privileged from production in legal proceedings
- Commercial information of the Association
6. AVAILABILITY OF THE MANUAL
Copies of this manual are available for inspection free of charge, at the offices of
THE KWAZULU NATAL MASTER BUILDERS & ALLIED INDUSTRIES ASSOCIATION;
Copies are also available from the South African Human Rights Commission and from the Government Printer.