A key objective for Master Builders KwaZulu-Natal is to promote and lead economic transformation in the construction industry and beyond by promoting compliance with Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE), Workplace Skills Plans (WSP) and Employment Equity (EE) legislation. These three pieces of legislation strive to create an equitable and skilled workforce and contribute to an inclusive economy. The Business Support Consultancy specializes in consultation of Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment, Workplace Skills Plan and Employment Equity.
The key objectives of Business Support Consultancy are:
- To promote best practice and align industry to legislative requirements.
- To improve, educate and empower the industry on the importance of transformation and equality.
- To ensure that the Industry is well equipped with proper skills by receiving the best training and development.
- To provide support and advice on B-BBEE matters, WSP and EE.
EMPLOYMENT EQUITY SERVICES:
- To provide consultation to clients on the Employment Equity process, including the importance of having an EE Committee, guiding the Committee in terms of getting familiar with relevant Acts, conducting workplace audits, understanding relevant procedures, identifying where the gap is in terms of under representation and how that should be addressed.
- To provide guidance on the setting of affirmative action targets.
- To provide guidance on developing the EE Plan and the implementation thereof.
- To submit annual EE reports.
BROAD-BASED BLACK ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT (B-BBEE) SERVICES:
- To present a report explaining the B-BBEE criteria, targets and points according to the Sector codes and scorecards.
- To calculate targets for each B-BBEE pillar.
- To provide advice on methods of obtaining the most points for the different pillars.
- To assist clients by regular meetings in developing a B-BBEE strategy and agreed action plan for the current financial year.
- To monitor the clients progress and ensure that the agreed action plan is carried out accordingly.
- To assist the client in collating information that would be handed to the B-BBEE agent for verification utilising the B-BBEE relevant software.
WORKPLACE SKILLS PLAN (WSP) SERVICES:
- To register as a Skills Development Facilitator and submit WSP/ATR to relevant SETAs. Clients to receive assistance in Mandatory and Discretionary grant applications.
- To ensure training spent is in line with the B-BBEE requirements.
- To assist clients with their training budgets and annual training plan.
- To Facilitate the roll-out of training applicable to the Construction Industry to be facilitated by the Training Academy and assist with sourcing relevant training applicable to generic skills with other accredited training providers.
- To identify relevant pivotal programmes offered by SETAs that would benefit the Industry.
For more information contact: